APPLICATIONS FOR 2020/21 HAVE NOW CLOSED.
If you would like to make a late application please email email@example.com
All applicants should have received a confirmation email to the student email provided. An email will be sent to you in January confirming the date and details of your Guidance Discussion.
8th November 2019 - Online application form goes live.
29th November 2019 - Deadline for application to Sixth Form
January/February 2020 - Sixth Form Guidance Discussions commence. On arrival please go to reception. We would kindly ask if newcomers to SWCHS could bring along their latest report showing their most recent forecast grades.
20th March 2020 - Conditional offers of Sixth Form places will be sent by post.
Friday 3rd April 2020 - Deadline for offer acceptance
Monday 29th June - Thursday 2nd July 2020 - Sixth Form Induction
It is essential that students attend Induction Week, which is a crucial introduction to the start of their Post-16 career. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you are unable to attend.
Thursday 20th August 2020 - GCSE Results/Enrolment Day
All newcomers to SWCHS are required to attend on this day to enrol for our Sixth Form.
Please see below for application guidelines.
Entry into Year 12
1. No student will be admitted to the school post-16 unless academic requirements, as set out in this Prospectus, have been met and there are places available on chosen courses.
2. In the event of the number of such applicants from outside SWCHS exceeding our capacity, preference will be given to those best suited academically to their chosen courses, using forecast GCSE grades as the indicator. The oﬀer is made subject to applicants achieving the grades required for their chosen courses.
3. Applications received after the deadline given in the Prospectus will only be considered if space becomes available on the chosen courses.
4. Where applications are initially unsuccessful, we encourage students to re-apply in the light of their actual examination results. If spaces become available on the chosen courses, we may be able to oﬀer places to these students.
5. Where there are extenuating circumstances, the Headteacher's judgement on whether a student's application is successful or not is ﬁnal. In the case of students not oﬀered a place, we would encourage them to send their results on Results Day.
If places become available they will be contacted. In the case of students applying or reapplying for Year 12, they will not be admitted unless:
1. There are exceptional personal circumstances.
2. They are restarting on new courses and there are places after current Year 12 admissions are complete.
Entry into Year 13
1. Where there are concerns regarding the students’ attendance and/or behaviour during Year 12, progression is not automatic.
2. Overall decisions over whether students can progress into Year 13 will be made by the Headteacher.
1. As required by law, the Governors have established an independent Committee to hear appeals against a refusal to admit.
2. Subject information contained in this Prospectus is correct at the time of printing.
3. SWCHS reserves the right to withdraw a subject(s) if take-up numbers make running the class unfeasible.